Air Transport & Regional (AT&R) Applications
Honeywell is very excited to announce that the RDR-4000 is the first member of the IntuVue family of weather radar products. The technological advances and proven performance of the RDR-4000 prompted the next-generation of advanced weather radar products – IntuVue —as the trusted family of surveillance products that will meet your needs today and well into the future.
Experience how IntuVue works by viewing this animation.
The most advanced weather hazard detection and avoidance system available:
- Volumetric 3-D scanning and pulse compression technologies provide the greatest resolution of weather and true hazard activity over conventional radar systems.
- 3-D buffer stores the weather activity, automatically corrected for earth curvature, to display 180° and 320 nmi from the aircraft.
- World-wide operation, land or sea, the automatic scan and ground clutter extraction automatically displays true storm activity ensuring the most reflective part of the storm is always displayed.
- Provides inherent over-flight protection with an aggressive down-tilt and 3-D scanning process.
- Hazardous cells below the aircraft flight level are identified earlier and displayed longer than traditional radar systems.
- First system certified to the FAA Minimum Operating Performance Standard (MOPS) for enhanced turbulence.
- Proven to reduce turbulence-related incidents by over 45%
- V1.0 provides extended turbulence detection range of 60nm
- Advanced predictive windshear detection and alarming
- Proven to reduce false alarms by 15%
- V1.0 provides predictive hail and lightning warnings which aid pilots in avoiding convective weather and reduces possible aircraft damage
- Increases system reliability by 50%
- Reduces maintenance costs by 30%
- Reduces system weight by 25% for single channel systems and 50% for dual channel systems
- Improved diagnostics result in over a 30% reduction in maintenance costs, with lower spares provisioning required
- Weight and space reduction can provide $10,000 of annual savings per aircraft
- Fleet Commonality – available as a federated system or as part of an integrated surveillance system
- Reduces training time and costs because of the intuitive displays and automatic operation – there are no manual tilt requirements
- Simplified operation reduces pilot workload
IntuVue is quickly becoming the first choice for airlines world-wide because of its comprehensive features and 3-D display and analysis tools that provide airlines the right information at the right time, to make the most informed decision possible to ensure passenger safety and comfort while reducing fuel consumption and still facilitating on-time arrivals in even the most adverse weather conditions.
IntuVue is available on the B777, B737, A320, A330 and A340 as SSFE/BFE equipment. It is also part of the integrated surveillance system—the Aircraft Environment Surveillance System (AESS)—on the Airbus A380, it has also been selected for the A350. Other certifications are pending.
Be assured that Honeywell will continue to evolve the IntuVue family of advanced weather detection radars to offer you increased Efficiency, greater Safety, and enhanced Performance across your fleet. Future enhancements will include more intuitive displays, extended turbulence detection and other advanced features.